Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Month 1 day 7: Ground Turkey Laap

Today I made:
Ground Turkey Laap, Food and Wine February 2011

This is the first time cooking from Food and Wine magazine. To be honest, I don't know how I ever became subscribed to FW. I must have gotten a free subscription somehow, because one day my mom emailed and said that they kept getting my magazines and maybe I should change my shipping address. I don't drink wine, although I do like food, but I never really looked at any of the issues I got until now. It seems a little more upscale than Cooking Light and Rachael Ray, but definitely a tier below Saveur. This means that there are travel-eating articles, but their recipes are dumbed down to require only a few ingredients that you might not otherwise have (unlike Saveur, which puts in the recipes unadulterated  and has an index listing websites where you can order all of the things you can't pronounce).

This recipe was pretty quick and easy, other than the first step, which was to toast and then grind uncooked rice. I wasn't sure how I was going to do this without a spice grinder, but then I realized we had a pepper grinder. Since pouring the pepper out and back in, the floor is covered in little pepper balls  waiting underfoot to make you slip! Anyway, that worked pretty well, but was an insane wrist workout, even though it was just 1 Tbs rice. 
Otherwise it was very quick. There were so many herbs! I ate it on lettuce leaves, but it was juicy and just dripped all down my wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment