Thursday, April 11, 2013

Month 3 day 8: Chicken Vesuvio and Stewed Escarole with Feta

Today I made:
Quick Chicken Vesuvio, Every Day with Rachael Ray April 2012
Stewed Escarole with Feta, Food Network Magazine April 2010

Tonight was a two-skillet dinner:

It was a little bit hectic to make these recipes. The pan for the potatoes wasn't big enough, so some were burning while the others were raw, and meanwhile the chicken needed to be dredged in flour, but the pan was already heated and the oil was starting to smoke, etc.

Everything turned out in the end though. They are both very pretty dishes. The chicken vesuvio is a little monotone but the toasted potatoes are just so attractive, and the escarole is nice and colorful.

G didn't like the escarole that much because it's fibrous. He said he'd rather just eat more kale with ham. It is a little stringy, but I like the combination of feta and tomatoes, so I think it's a keeper. You probably could sub in kale or anything else for the escarole I guess.
The chicken is pretty poorly rated online, but no one wrote a review/comment so I'm not sure why. I thought it was good. The potatoes are soft but crispy on the outside, and the chicken has a nice soft flour coating. For the broth I used the poaching liquid from the cream of leeks and chicken from two nights ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment