Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Month 5 day 2: Thai Turkey Salad

Oops! Saved this as a draft instead of publishing it.

Today I made:
Grilled Thai Turkey Salad, Every Day with Rachael Ray June 2012
served with rice noodles


This is a very pretty, colorful dish, as I suppose a lot of Southeast Asian-inspired dishes are. It was in a section of dinners for four under $10. I don't think we were under $10 though. The meatballs are made of turkey, half a jalapeƱo, shallots, and lime zest. The salad is topped with a brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice dressing. It was pretty easy to make, and tasted good too. We will keep the recipe.
For dessert, we had French macarons! G just got back from a family vacation in Europe. He left Paris a few days ago, so we decided we had to eat all 8 macarons tonight, since it's humid here. Luckily this was a light dinner, so we had no trouble doing that, and eating several pieces of Belgian chocolate too :)
I didn't think jalapeƱos were that hot, especially given that this recipe actually called for a serrano or thai chile. But I got some on my hand and it burned for the next several hours :-P Darn TRP channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment