Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Month 5 day 9: White bean burgers

Today I made:
White Bean and Sage Pita Burgers, Cooking Light June 2011



This was pretty easy for a veggie burger. The onions and garlic are sautéed a bit first, but otherwise everything just gets dumped in a food processor/blender and pulsed, so it's very quick. The recipe made a big deal about how sticky and hard to scoop it would be, but I just used my hand and guessed at the amount instead of using a measuring cup, so it was fine. Another change I made was to use walnuts instead of almonds because I couldn't find any... although I usually have a bag in the freezer at all times. This really does need to be cooked on medium, and with enough oil to coat the pan. The first batch I made got burnt, but the next batch I made was fine. I bought these orange and yellow tomatoes thinking they would be more interesting, but they're not that flavorful actually. I thought this sandwich tasted good, but I don't think that G would have cared much for it. I would recommend it for people trying to be gluten-free (without the pita) or vegetarian.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds good. I wish I could send you a few of our yummy tomatoes. We will bring some to camp. Gail had a beet burger at Eureka the other day. It is made of beets and kidney beans and tasted good.

    ReplyDelete