Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Month 8 day 4: Cincinnati Chili

Today we made:
Cincinnati Turkey Beef Chili, Cooking Light September 2009
with Jack-Corn bread, Cooking Light September 2009


G made the cornbread while I made the chili and spaghetti, but the cornbread ended up taking longer to bake so it didn't make it into the picture.
I don't think I've ever eaten cincinnati chili before, but I guess what sets it apart is serving it on spaghetti and including things like cinnamon, allspice, and chocolate in the chili. I was heavy-handed with the cinnamon and allspice, but it didn't overpower. The chocolate was very fragrant. G suggested to save the recipe. The corn bread was very sweet. The recipe called for a mix, but we just followed my normal recipe and added in jalapeƱo, cheese, and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment