Thursday, October 31, 2013

Month 9 day 20: Asian chicken and veggie lettuce cups

Today I made:
Dirty P's Garlic-Ginger Chicken Thighs, Food Network Magazine October 2010
Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups, Food Network Magazine October 2010


These were both recipes from Guy Fieri's tailgating guide. We will never host a tailgating party I'm sure, but they are good for normal dinners too. I halved the recipes for the chicken and the lettuce cups because they were meant to serve 6-8 each.

The veggie cups had a lot of chopping, and used many different kinds of vegetables, but only a very small amount of each :-P So now I need to think of some way to use the rest before they go bad! These are supposed to have some chicken inside, but since I was serving with chicken I left it out and made it vegetarian. Normally we have some dried shiitake, but we were out so I threw in some daikon radish instead. We also are out of sesame oil (>_<) so these might not have been as flavorful as they were supposed to be... but the sauce packs a punch! It is really salty and strong, I guess from the soy sauce mostly. These seemed healthy and had good crunchy texture from the wontons and lettuce, but I wish I had made more instead of halving it! We can always use extra servings vegetables in our diet (not in our fridge).

The chicken was pretty good too, and it's so fast and easy to cook boneless chicken thighs. I think we should keep both of these recipes.

That's it for October! Time is going fast. G couldn't believe that it was already time to pick our favorite recipes from the month, because it feels like we just did. I guess we didn't start October recipes until about a week in.
G's pick: the manly rigatoni! Rachael Ray sure knows her way to a man's heart.
My pick: the chimichangas. Not as crunchily delightful on the second day, but so good the first. Just watch those portion sizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment